Friday, January 13, 2017

day 4

This morning Ziggy is very lethargic - didn't get up when I got up, not interested in eating.  Fluoxetine effects?

***
When we went outside for a walk, Ziggy waited at the top of the stairs for my permission to proceed once I had.  This is HUGE because she always speeds down and I try to get her to slow so as not to pull me (sometimes it's slippery and I so do not want to fall). 

I don't know if it's possible that the fluoxetine is actually working with just one pill, but maybe it's all the training I've been doing and she knows I'm always "packing" (carrying treats)?  Who knows.  I'll take it.  She has always seemed to want to be good about it but she gets so overwhelmed and has to rush out to assess any danger - her rushing like that has always seemed like a physiological overreaction rather than naughtiness (because she can easily control herself at other times).  The vet said the drug would delay her reaction time, and that's what this looks like - she still wants to get out in the world quickly, but she can wait for me to give her instructions. 

**
Not a good walk tonight.  She was on edge as we went a different way, though she handled barking at her like a champ, and tried to chase a cat but focused right back.  But then we passed a dog who was aggressively barking and she lit up, and then we passed a dog who was fighting to get out of its yard to get at us which totally flipped her out.  She was so upset that when I tried to get her to take chicken to distract her, she snapped my hand.  No injury or bad intent, just a classic example of waaaay over threshold. 

Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment