Wednesday, January 25, 2017

day 14, 15

Day 14 was a Monday.  Her anxiety seemed riled up a bit, like how she gets - so I'm not sure that it is the Prozac, but it certainly doesn't seem to be keeping her anxiety at bay at this point.

She was adamant about a walk and it was a lovely evening, so off we went.  She stayed on alert.  She would take treats but she was pulling on the leash which she hasn't been doing, and waiting for drama.  Also super interested in people walking around and kept eyeing them as she does (so very happy, with a wagging tail) until people woudl stop to pet her.  "She's a jumper," I say while trying to keep a handle on the leash.  I just can't say to people: please don't pet her.  Because she's not aggressive, she just wants to lick faces clean.  She loves so hard, so instantly.

This morning she has been super well-behaved but not subdued.  Right now as I drink coffee she's far across the room, just chewing on a plush toy.  When I got up she stayed on the couch until after I'd made coffee and was ready to give her her medicine (I didn't call her, she arrived at the perfect time).  Every time i move around, she sits, out of the way, and if I approach her to pet her she leans in and enjoys it.  Just waiting and watching.  I said: do you want to help me do laundry? and she pranced around like a baby foal.  She's happy but she's not in my face about it.  This is kind of perfect.  Last night I started my taxes and she was fighting the laptop for sitting on my lap.


No comments:

Post a Comment