Sunday, January 22, 2017

day 10, 11, 12, 13

I'm not entirely satisfied with the vet's recommendations, and when I emailed to ask about the response-substitution and how she understands it too well, the response wasn't very helpful. 

These are the challenges with distance care, eh?  He can't see her and understand her little spirit. 

And she is spirited. 

***
NOthing much to report until Day 13 (Sunday).  She is acting very spooked, everything is making her anxious.  The wind blowing the dog door set her off but I think she woke up worried. Now she sticks to me like glue, in the kitchen as I make coffee, she even hides her face in my nightgown.  Now she's snuggled on me and I reach to pet her and she jumps. Her ears back and flat, her tail tucked - she's so very worried about something and I wish I knew what.  She gets like this rarely - maybe every few months.  I think it might be barometric changes or the wind, but sometimes we have that and she's fine.  I have no idea.  I thought the prozac would help with that but sadly no, not at all. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't take Prozac because her side effects are mine.
    it increased my anxiety and I felt as if doom was hanging over me. tried for over a month and those feelings only intensified.
    I know this a medicated dog but she is taking human meds and side effects could be her problem, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. Yep, I'll definitely be monitoring. She also had some worry-attacks like this when the weather has drastically changed and been windy in the past, before she was taking Prozac. But I definitely don't want her feeling any more dread than she did before!

      Delete
  2. I have PTSD, severe anxiety, panic attacks, chronic depression and that was reason for Prozac. I had been on Zoloft and it had helped but Dr. wanted to try something new. due to the side effects of Prozac I went back to Zoloft and Seroquel. I hope Ziggy is better.

    ReplyDelete